Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hallway Nazis

My first entry I wrote about the food nazis and concluded there was a great possibility that these nazis could spread to other places. Now I bear unfortunate news when I say that these nazis have now relocated to South Windsor High School under the new guise of Hallway Nazis! The average student at SWHS is occasionally late to school, I mean who would be in a rush to get to class. The hallways which were a connecting pathway to one's next class was also a bustling social scene where you could chat with friends for a few, exchange test secrets, gossip or even the occasional wandering aimlessly around the halls during a study hall. School is harsh enough, we need our little breaks in between classes to shout the hello across the hallway or so, these little acts keep us sane. But now these hallways once filled with carefree chatter are now filled with paranoid and fear.

Exhibit 1:
Our first period AP English class is known to commonly come in late, I mean half the class doesn't even come in until a few minutes after the final bell, and of course our usual late student Tom Demaio. But see Mrs. Laurain doesn't mind this at all, if anything we're always counting down to what time Tom will come to class this time, 7:30? 7:35? and when he comes in he has a smile on his face, and Mrs, Laurain lightly chuckles and shakes her head, but no harm no foul. Tuesday morning, everyone surprisingly is at their seats by the bell, yet Tom being his typical lateness probably wouldn't show till around 7:35, yet 7:35 rolls around and he still isn' tthere, he comes in about 10-15 minutes later pissed off with a detention slip in hand mumbling words that I shall not repeat here. Then he explains his whole situation where there was a blockade in the hallway with 50 students getting detention slips and Andrew who of course came with Tom and has lock-in also got a detention for being late to a class that he doesn't even have. Injustice? I think that's an understatement! And now class was even more disrupted as we spent 20 minutes discussing this pressing issue.

Exhibit 2:
I had lock-in this morning, now yeah I have to admit that I am always late to orchestra on days when day 3 is first. Now Imade it a point to leave the house early so not to get stopped by the hallway nazis. So I get to school around 8:20 a good 5 minutes to get to class, and I see a few other girls so I wasn't alone in my thinking, and then I find out that the door is locked, so now it was a mad sprint to the front doorway. It wasn't even 8:30 and they locked the door, what the hell? So me being hte violinist and bottomless pit that I am I had my violin case and of course dunkin donuts in my other hand. Running with these items=not so easy and completely out of breath!

Exhibit 3:
The worst we fear has come true, and no it's not the apocalyspe or world domination of evil dictators but *gasp* (pause for dramatic effect)...Benoit has now gotten a whistle...oh the unspeakable evil. Now from what I have recently learned she has taken full advantage of this whistle. Ryan Foley, poor unsuspecting student who also didn't want to be late rushed to class, although unfortunately he failed. While he tried to quickly reach his classroom he spotted Benoit. Now I don't know the exact details but from what I can guess it probably happened like this:

Foley: looks at Benoit down the hall
Benoit sees him, and says something alone the lines of, "hold right there young man"
Foley: *scared look* eyes waver to the left and right, then in a split second he bolts the other way
Benoit:*whistle blow* x10 and then proceeds to chase after him

Exhibit 4:
Now does study hall really count as a class? If you're late to study hall, should you be penalized with a detention?!?! Now I give you another incident with another innocent student, Corey Bushey. Corey is just a harmless, innocent sophmore who like the rest of us saunter down to study hall, because I mean study hall isn't a class so technically it can't count if you're late for study hall right? Well this is his story:

Corey: I was walking to my study hall (which is in the science wing since they kicked us out of cafe study) and mind you I was coming from history. So I'm coming up the stairs and benoit is there. I walk past her and she gets that darned whistle out and sticks it in her mouth ready to blow my ear drums out at any second. I start to walk quickly in order to not be late. I mean late to study hall?!?! OH NO! and then she follows me! Fortunately, I arrive at the class and step inside just as the bell starts to ring...I am safe.

Now I walk down the hallways and with 2 minutes left before the bell rings the hallways look like nothing but a ghost town, not a soul in the hallways, not eve a tumbleweed traveling in the gusts of wind. What has happened to our school? Do they just need new ways to torture the students? These hallway nazis, besides forming blockades in the middle of the hallways, they have now made it a point to hide within the nooks and crannies of the school, catching innocent unsuspecting students. Even if a student is within a foot fo their classrooms, doors are locked or even they're stopped before even reaching their classroom. Now we can't all just blame the hallway nazis, for frankly the Hitler of it all is the administration. I mourn what our school has now become and miss the old days before vacation...

***stealing Colby's asterix idea...to quote him from french "These hallway nazis give the real nazis a bad name"
*********all of these incidents are true as well as the people, none of this is fictionalized...copyright by madnessorbrilliance of blogger 2006


More documented experiences for your reading pleasure:
Me vs The Bobcat
February 28th...or the day they finally lost it...
I'm sorry I can't serve your ridiculous detention, I have a NHS meeting to attend...
School Policy

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:42:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the entry you wrote! It is a perfect depiction of what is happening. It truly is awful. hahaha

-Tarra

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:55:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hallway Nazis" - Perfect discription... we will see what they'll say about the sit-in

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:49:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, my story is true. sadly enough. this whole hallway nazi thing i find really stupid. i mean come one! i was going to study hall! i remember the good ol' days of last semester when sophomores still had cafe study and we were allowed to wander the halls for the first few minutes of the period without fear of detention.

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:23:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha lol that is amazing chrsitina!!

-Lauren :)

 
At Friday, March 03, 2006 10:39:00 PM , Blogger Colby said...

Woah, you have a blog? Good stuff, keep writing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home